It is probably one of the best things to do when you are traveling in Russia -feel Russian! Thus, apart from visiting top attractions in St Petersburg we would like to recommend you to do a list of truly Russian things we do every day or week. Feeling more Russian helps you to get a better understang of life in this country!
Check the list of interesting and cheap ( or even free ) things you should do to feel local in St Petersburg:
- First of all, have a metro ride. Have you ever heard that St. Petersburg metro is one of the deepest in the world? What is more, there are a lot of absolutely fabulous metro stations in the city! Metro is used by locals every day and is considered to be one of the best means of public transport. Therefore, it would be a very local thing to do to take a metro!
- Secondly, visit a local market. Feel the spirit of a local shopping. Find a nice market in the centre of the city ( there are 2 options) and enjoy nice atmosphere of Russian shopping( not the touristic one)
- In addition,visit a local supermarket.
- Get a Russian snack/lunch – where would a local person go if one wants to have a tea or coffee break? There are few inexpensive and truly Russian cafés or small restaurants. Try pancakes (blinis), try some Russian pies! Yes, we love those adorable pancakes filled with meat or fish or caviar indeed!
- Furthermore, visit Russian cooking class. Pelmeni, pancakes, pies..Russian borsch(there is no “T” at the end)…Would you like to know how to cook all these? Try Russian cooking class!
- Finally, visit Russian sauna(banya). Sauna in Russia is a big tradition! Find a useful article in our blog to get tips how to properly visit Russian sauna: Russian sauna
For further information or for having a private tour ” Feel Russian” please contact us